- Get NetGalley Feedback Ratio to 80% (and KEEP IT THERE!)
- Once caught up to 20 oustanding egalleys, the new goal is to have no more than 20 outstanding at any given time.
- Visit Love’s Sweet Arrow in Chicago
- Ari and I have a tentative plan to take the Megabus in the summer/fall
- Grow Elley the Book Otter followers/engagements
- I don’t have any hard numbers right now, but I’m going to use the blogger tracking stats on the Reader Voracious spreadsheet this year and make a concentrated effort to grow engagement.
- Hit 1k Twitter followers
- I’m at around 950, so it’s possible!
- Read 150 books
- Read at least 24 OWNED books!
- I buy books and then I read egalleys and KU books and never actually read the books I OWN!! This is 2 owned books a month, a totally achievable goal.
- Cull owned books (again… sigh)
- I got rid of a LOT of books (like, two carloads full of books…) in 2019, thanks to the help of Annie and Ari, but there are a BUNCH of TBR books I kept and I think I *maybe* read one of them over the course of the year. I can probably get rid of a few more of the literal HUNDREDS I kept… x.x
- Read/Reread all of Jane Austen’s works
- I started doing this with Ari and Annie in 2019, but we never found time to have our discussion meet-ups. Got through Northanger Abbey and that’s it, so I’ll make a more concentrated effort this. I think I’ll start with Emma since it’s the biggest one?
I have some other goals/resolutions/what-have-you around journaling for my mental health, fitness and wellness goals, etc, but I decided to keep this post focused around my bookish goals.
I’m only doing ONE challenge this year. I did quite a few in 2019 and frankly it just got to be a lot to track. I still have stuff for the Beat the Backlist and Contemporary Romance challenges I have tracked in my personal spreadsheet but don’t have input in any official capacity anywhere. It just got to be too much maintenance and made me feel really bogged down. So as far as official challenges go, it’s got to be just the
2020 Book Blog Discussion Challenge – Gift of the Gab (41+)
I’m going to set myself of goal of posting one discussion post each week, whether that’s in in-depth discussion, a Waiting on Wednesday type of post, a book tag or meme… Just something to break me out of the endless, repetitive cycle of reviews!
January 18-19, 2020 | #24in48 Readathon (in memorium*)
April 25, 2020 | Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon
July 2020 | #24in48 Readathon (TBD*)
Summer 2020 | Dewey’s Reverse Readathon
October 2020 | Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon
*The #24in48 hosts have officially cancelled the January readathon, and are still undetermined if they’ll be doing their summer version. Participating in these readathons with my friends Ari and Annie has become something of a tradition, and I plan to soldier on even if there’s no official readathon. 😉
And before you ask, Ariel, YES, we’re doing these together, mark your damn calendar RIGHT NOW. LOL
And there you have it! What are your plans/goals/etc for the new year?