I said I wasn’t going to do any challenges in 2021. I lasted all of, what, a month? Before I broke. Dangit.
I’ve done this one in the past and it’s a fun way to challenge myself to do more than just post reviews here.
I’m aiming for the tier “41+ – Gift of the Gab,” which means posting at least 41 discussion posts this year! YIKES. Thankfully Top Ten Tuesday posts count as long as there’s some discussion, haha. I’m going to cheat a tiny bit and include some #TTT posts I already made this month to start. I’ll come back and update this list with links to my discussion posts, in case you’re interested, so watch this space!
- #TTT: Hopes & Resolutions for 2021
- #TTT: New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2021
- #TTT: Book Written Before I Was Born
- Discussion: Protecting Hardcover Books
- #TTT: Valentine’s Day Freebie (Romance Novel Recs!)
- Discussion: Romance Novel Sub-Genres
I love the fun of looking for some books to fill in the gaps. This challenge has you read books where the first main word starts with the letter of the alphabet (except for Q, X, and Z where the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title). Here’s how it’s going!
- A – The AI Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole – read 2/18/21
- B – Binti by Nnedi Okorafor – read 2/7/21
- C – Circe by Madeline Miller – read 1/18/21
- D – Down Comes the Night by Allison Saft – read 2/22/21
- E – The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon – read 1/14/21
- F – Friday Black by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah – read 2/15/21
- H – The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant – read 1/6/21
- I – Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer – read 1/9/21
- L – Legendborn by Tracy Deonn – read 2/15/21
- N – Never Have I Ever by Isabel Yap – read on 2/1/21
- P – The Prince and the Troll by Rainbow Rowell – read 1/16/21
- Q – How to Catch a Queen – read 2/6/21
- R – Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor – read 1/9/21
- S – Shipped by Angie Hockman – read 1/10/21
- T – Those Not-So-Sweet Boys Vol 1 by Yoko Nigiri – read 2/8/21
- W – Wild Rain by Beverly Jenkins – read 2/6/21
I’m aiming for Platinum – 75 reviews. I’m going to keep track here, and I’ll link up any reviews that actually get posted on my blog. I only post reviews here for books that I rate 3 stars and above (life’s too short to give more time and space to bad books!) I do review poor rating and DNF books on Goodreads to explain why the rating is poor or I DNF’d, so I’m counting those for the purposes of this challenge.
- Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer – read 1/9/21
- Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor – read 1/9/21
- Shipped by Angie Hockman – read 1/10/21
- The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon – read 1/14/21
- Daughter of the Salt King by A.S. Thornton – read 1/30/21
- Never Have I Ever by Isabel Yap – read 2/1/21
- Wild Rain by Beverly Jenkins – read 2/6/21
- How to Catch a Queen by Alyssa Cole – read 2/6/21
- Hot British Boyfriend by Kristy Boyce – read 2/7/21
- Sachi’s Monstrous Appetite Vol 1 by Chomoran – read 2/8/21
- Those Not-So-Sweet Boys Vol 1 by Yoko Nogiri – read 2/8/21
- Star-Crossed!! Vol 1 by Junko – read 2/9/21
- A Sign of Affection Vol 1 by Suu Morishita – read 2/9/21
- Toritan Vol 2 by Kotetsuko Yamamoto – read 2/10/21
- Disney Princess: Make Way For Fun by Amy Mebberson – read 2/10/21
- Cathedral of Bones by A.J. Steiger – read 2/10/21
- Waiting for a Scot Like You – read 2/13/21
- Down Comes the Night – read 2/22/21
Are you doing any year-long challenges in 2021? Which ones are you excited about?