I’ve decided to start a new category here in Book Otterington (I don’t know why I just called my blog that, just go with it….) Anyhoo! You’ll start to see some posts prefaced with this “General Nerdery” tag. This will be my space to talk about some of my non-bookish hobbies (or let’s be real, sometimes they’re bookish adjacent still!) I have about eleventy billion hobbies, and sometimes I go “Hmm, I should start a blog about this” but then sometimes I can barely keep up with my book blog so I throw that idea right in the garbage where it BELONGS. But it would still be nice to shout into the void sometimes when I’m painting a new mini or trying out a new recipe or the like.
Some types of things you can expect to see here in the General Nerdery category:
- TTRPG nonsense – talking about characters/campaigns I’m playing, systems I love or want to try, minis I’ve acquired or am painting, new dice…
- Arts & Crafts – I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades and master of none when it comes to crafts, haha. I’d love to share some finished projects and maybe even tutorials. I dabble several types of crafts, so you never know what will pop up…
- Witchy business – I’m learning more about my witchy, spiritual journey and would love to share about things that excite me, like getting new crystals, a fun full-moon ritual, or a well-loved tarot deck.
- Cooking – I love trying out new recipes, and would like to share some that I love with links to the recipe and any tweaks I thought were helpful.
- Writing – poetry or stories, maybe I’ll link to some fanfiction, WHO KNOWS!
- TV shows/movies – Korean dramas I’m currently watching, possibly recs, maybe some anime content as well, who knows!
- Games – This might be board games, TTRPGs, video games, or even cell phone games like Happy Color, haha.
I hope you’ll stick around for this non-bookish content, but if you’d rather not, that’s cool too. I hope to get to know some of you a little better (and let you get to know me) with this bit of content that goes beyond who we are in relation to the books that we love!