This week’s prompt is:
Character Whose Job I Wish I Had
- Elle Jones (Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur)
- She’s co-author of a super popular Twitter account called “Oh My Stars” that’s all about fun Astrology stuff. I love astrology, and the concept of matchmaking with an astrology component is super interesting to me.
- Eve Abbott (Mermaid Inn by Jenny Holiday)
- She runs a kitschy mermaid themed inn! Who wouldn’t love that! I would totally have all sorts of themed rooms and it would be epic. We’d have a deep sea room, a coral reef room, a sirens of ancient Greece room… There would even be a Mira Grant inspired murder mermaids room that nobody would want to stay in, haha.
- Maya Mehta (Sandcastle Beach by Jenny Holiday)
- Okay look, maybe I just really want to go live in Moonflower Bay. I would love to co-run the theatre in this tourist town with Maya. I could take over the musicals! Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Graham Barnett (The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morganthaler)
- Speaking of small tourist towns… I love the concept of a “The Tourist Trap” dive restaurant. It would be so fun to run my own restaurant, make hideously disgusting original mixed drinks, plus Alaska is so gorgeous.
- Lou Parker (Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Durgan)
- Look, I just REALLY want to work at Magic Castle Playland. I got to wear a Spot the Dog mascot costume for a library parade on summer in high school, and I think it would be so cool to be a mascot at a theme park!
- Trix Lane (Making Up by Lucy Parker)
- We have to pretend I have the skills of Trix in this little dream job swap fantasy, because there’s no way I’m build to be an aerialist. (Plus I’m afraid of heights… Like even step stools make me afraid level of scared of heights…) Still, the show she’s in sounds so cool, and I’d love to do something as amazingly beautiful as be an aerialist in a Cirque du Soleil type of show.
- Arthur Parnassus (House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune)
- I fell in love with those weirdo magical kids when I read this book, and I want nothing more than to go live with them all in their house for wayward kids on the sea.
- Baba Yaga (Wolf for a Spell by Karah Sutton)
- Look, if Zima – who isn’t even HUMAN – can be Baba Yaga for a bit, I should be able to as well. Now gimme that chicken-legged house please. *grabby hands*
- Emily (Well Met by Jen DeLuca)
- I don’t actually remember what Emily’s job is outside of Faire, but DANG, I wanna go be a tavern wench at the Ren Faire – especially if it comes with pirate Simon! *swoon*
- Literally anyone from any book by Pippa Grant
- Hockey player, eco-hacker, owner of a wacky worst-in-the-league baseball team, pilot, puppeteer, baker of dirty confections… I just NEED to be in this world with their weirdos, will take any job.
What’s your dream job from a book? Let me know in the comments, or link me to your post!